Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Week 2 - Modelling Origami

sketchup

original


sketchup

This model was done using sketchup. I measured the paper and the openings so it should have been correct, however it does not look in proportion to the photograph taken from the base of it, the angles of the folds needed to be greater but I ran out of time to readjust them as it was complicated to line up all the polys. I was unable to re-photograph the origami at a better angle.


sketchup

original


original


sketchup

Another sketchup model but more successful. This was quite simple to create and had a better effect than the previous one. This was another student's origami, Steven Williams.

original

3ds max

3ds max

I did this model in 3ds Max as I wanted to compare the difference between using Sketchup and 3ds Max. The quality of this model is much better due to the textures and lighting. The lines are too perfect though so I would have to bend them to create a more realistic look. Again, time was of issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment